Name:
Location: Oxford, England, United Kingdom

I.T. professional working in the glamorous world of Formula 1

Saturday, December 08, 2007

December in New York

People ask me a lot if I am busy, and I always reply things are manic (or some variation), I have found it difficult to find the time for what I term “low-level” task (e.g. paperwork), it is an indication of how bad things have become that I haven’t updated my “weekly” blog since the 24th August (11 weeks went by without an update!)

This update comes to you from the New York Palace hotel, I spent the week here attending the Symantec Executive Customer Council. I did find some time to look around the City, and it really is an amazing place. I did the usual touristy things, despite the biting cold (it snowed most days). Some very good conversations with the Council especially around virtualisation and security.

A tough year for the team, on and off the track. It’s the 8th December and we still haven’t announced our drivers for 2008, which is unprecedented. We appeared before the FIA council this week, hopefully that is now the end of this business. Thanks to all friends, family and colleagues for their support during this difficult time!! I think everyone in F1 has learnt lessons from this and the hearing two other teams faced earlier in the year. IT has an important part to play in protecting the company going forward!

Hopefully an update next week, with thoughts on who our drivers will be :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home